Another great Ask Call is done and dusted! I had a great time pondering the fabulous questions submitted by artists (maybe you?) with Maria Brophy last night. Maria even tried to do a little match-making… you had to be there or listen to the replay… 😉
If you missed the call, here is what we covered:
- What was the one thing that would have held you back from your first artwork submission if you would have let it?
- Where do I start?
- What are the costs of running an art licensing business?
- Is it forbidden to use scrapbooking paper in artwork you plan to license?
- I’m putting together my first portfolio. What exactly should it look like?
- How do you know what categories or themes you should be working on.
- What is your best advice to get out of a funk and get inspired?
- How do I adjust a territorial agreement if I go into licensing?
- Who comes up with the contract to sign – artist or manufacturer?
The audio replay is available for $20 through July 30th and will then go to the standard $30 (a great deal at either price!) Selling the audios helps me offset the hours involved in the systems and preparation for these calls – Maria also donated her time and will receive half of the proceeds. (Just in case you were wondering…) Anyway – we really love doing this and appreciate your support in buying the replays – it helps keep us all in business!
The next call will be on Wednesday, September 20, 2011 with a brand new expert – Jeff Grinspan.
If you’ve attended a class at SURTEX in the past few years you will recognize him as the moderator – but he’s oh-so-much-more. Head to the new call hub – www.AskAboutArtLicensing.com – click the link and learn more about Jeff and submit your question when it comes to you. Without your input for content, these calls wouldn’t be the valuable resources they are so don’t assume everyone else will do it – give us your most burning art licensing questions!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed