Well lucky me… I get to follow the Mary Engelbreit call! 🙂
An artist could be intimidated by that… I was when I first realized who I was following. But since I’m very good at finding the silver lining in most things, I decided it was all good. Last month you heard from a woman who has been licensing her art for 30 years… tonight you get me – going on 7 years and much closer to the day-to-day activities of building a newer business.
I’ve decided that that is the beauty of what we are building with the monthly Ask Call series: a variety of perspectives and stages in the business.
Last month was great when many of you “Got Social”. The interaction and feedback was great so I’ve decided we should keep up the trend. Here are the details again… CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD A PDF TO PRINT OUT AND HAVE HANDY
Let’s get social tonight!
- During the call, add #ask to any tweets about the call.
- If Mary says something quotable or that makes you go “A-HA!” – then tweet it! (don’t forget to add #ask)
- If you use TweetDeck, or HootSuite – set up a column to track #ask so you can see and interact with others who are on the call. You might make new friends – I always do! Just remember to set up your columns to track the hash tag (#ask) BEFORE the call starts so you aren’t in a panic!
- If you want to make sure I see a tweet, be sure to include @ArtistTaraReed – but I’ll be checking the #ask stream after the call.
- Login to facebook and go to the ArtLicensingInfo fan page.
- Start talking. Just like on Twitter, if you hear something that makes you go “A-HA!” – add it! Comment on what other people are saying. Get to know your fellow licensed artists.
- One advantage to Facebook is that the stream stays – it doesn’t limit you to 140 characters and people can go back to it later – almost like group class notes.
I hope you can make it – the call is free if you listen live. If you can’t make it, don’t worry. The audio replay will be a mere $15 through May 1st and $25 after that.
Here’s to talking business!
– Tara Reed
P.S. To see a list of all the past call audios – free and for a small fee – be sure to visit www.ArtLicensingInfo.com/audio-archives.html
P.P.S. Plan ahead for May! Paul Brent will be doing the May call on Wednesday the 26th – the week after SURTEX. We’ll have a short show recap and questions. Head to www.AskPaulBrent.com to submit your questions anytime.