Do you ever wish you could learn about the art licensing business from a variety of people with decades of experience? Well… you can!
Each year SURTEX puts on 3 days of classes touching on a wide variety of aspects of the art licensing business. From basics for artists to more in-depth information about contracts. They have classes on specific industries, how to find an agent and more.
I will be speaking on a panel on Sunday –
Monetizing Your Art II: Advance Business Strategies
Sunday, May 17, 11:00am – 12:30pm
Once you’re up and running, gain essential insight into the way you need to fuel your business in all areas- marketing, promotion, sales, presentation,trade shows and portfolio management. How much of your business should be licensed? Is one better off selling work? What role does an agent play? An attorney? A must seminar for any and all who want to make sure they do the right things to position themselves for the challenges ahead.
Conference Program Costs:
- Pre-Show: $890 April 7 – May 16
- Individual Sessions:
Pre-Show, $90 Onsite, $100
- Full conference program purchase includes a show badge, individual sessions do not provide access to the show floor.
Interested in attending SURTEX? Here are the details (taken from their website)
Show admission is FREE to qualified attendees (art buyers/licensees) who register by 11:59pm on Saturday, May 16, 2015. Onsite, the registration fee for qualified, first-time attendees is $60. Returning attendees who did not register in advance will be charged $25 onsite.
Suppliers to the trade and non-exhibiting designers, design studio/agents will be charged a $495 admission fee through 11:59pm on Saturday, May 16, and $595 onsite.
Registration will close at 11:59pm on Saturday, May 16. Please register onsite after this date.
- Company ID: at least two of the following
- Active website address through which company/business can be validated
- Business advertisement in trade publication
- Product or company catalog, brochure, sell sheets
- Press release on business letterhead about company, brands, product
- Employee ID:
- Must have: Personalized imprinted business card, with company name, title
- Plus one of the following:
- Copy of cancelled company payroll check or pay-check stub
- Copy of w-2 form
- Company credit card with both employee’s and company’s name
- Copy of company insurance card with employee’s name
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed