It’s hard to believe that this is the 6th year Paul Brent has shared his insights about SURTEX trends as well as answering questions submitted by artists like you. I took two and a half pages of notes and have some new design ideas from listening to this call!
This year’s theme was “What’s Hot and What’s Not!”
In addition to trends, here is what we covered on the call:
- What are your top 3 tips for a newbie to prepare for Surtex 2016?
- How many collections do I need in my portfolio to make the best use of my time when I rent a booth at Surtex?
- In the current economy, what is the one thing you think is most important for success in this field?
- How many pieces of art should a typical collection contain?
- What is your take on mixing both traditional and digital work in a portfolio.
- How do you handle it when several companies express interest in the same design for the same products?
- Do you think selling through Print-On-Demand sites, Etsy or other online sales will impact a manufacturers decision to license an artist’s work?
- Can you please give some suggestions and information about how and where to find a good, qualified Layout Artist and what a typical pay range would be?
The audio replay is available for only $20 through June 10, 2015 and then the price goes to $30.
This is a bargain for the expertise and experience you gain – and it helps me give Paul some garage sale money for his time and effort. (We are gearing up for our third annual Father’s Day weekend garage sale event in Portland!)
If you want to learn more about the Trade Show eBook Paul mentioned and start getting ready for next year, CLICK HERE to learn more.
NEXT UP… Josephine Kimberling!
Josephine Kimberling is a licensed designer who specializes in pattern & painted artworks that uniquely combine fashionable pattern mixing with on-trend color palettes to create compelling collections.
Her 12-year career in product development includes working as a textile designer and color & print trend forecaster for Nordstrom as well as creating art for a fashion print-rep out of London. In addition, she worked for Hallmark Cards as a graphic designer for their stationery and gift-wrap lines. Since then she has been creating surface pattern, artwork and design solutions for industry leaders all over the world.
Her vision is to “Inspire Happiness Through Pattern & Paint” in those who view her art.
You can submit your questions anytime here > http://askaboutartlicensing.com/ask-josephine-kimberling/
Learn more about Josephine Kimberling at www.JosephineKimberling.com
The next Art Licensing Academy starts next Wednesday, June 3rd! If you are ready to dig in deep – learn more at ArtLicensingAcademy.com