Another year is coming to an end… time to go through my file cabinet and store the 2008 stuff. Create fresh, new folders for 2009. I always get reflective around New Year’s so here are a few lists of mine…
When I sat at the end of 2007 thinking ahead to 2008, I never would have imagined many of the things that have transpired. As much as a person plans, sometimes life just takes unexpected twists and turns. Here are
5 THINGS I NEVER EXPECTED FROM 2008…
- I’d be a blogger! I was very hesitant to start blogging but once I came to terms with it, I love it! As one friend likes to tease, “Wow Tara! You sure have a lot to say!” and I am thrilled that people are listening. How much fun is that?>
- I’d be teaching others how to license their art. Didn’t see that coming… I have missed teaching and writing but can’t say that I expected to do what I am doing. Another wonderful twist of 2008.
- The stock market would crash with such a deafening “BANG!” Oh yeah… and the housing market… and credit market… thankfully the super market is still standing… NOT such a happy twist of events. I’ve decided to focus on creating new cash flow and assume that what has gone down will come back up in time…
- I’d go on not one but two cruises in 2008! I know… spoiled! Spoiled! Spoiled! But you have to take opportunities as they come. 🙂
- I’d be snowed in my house in Portland for 12 straight days! Jinkies! I am glad I work from home or I would have had some serious withdrawl symptoms. And if it weren’t for Twitter, I’d have felt very lonely and isolated – thanks to all my Twitter friends who kept up my spirits and sent warm, snow-melting wishes.
Looking forward into the New Year is a little harder… who can tell what it will bring? Here are
5 THINGS I HOPE TO DO IN 2009….
- Continue to grow my art licensing business and increase my royalties over 2008. This will take some serious effort and marketing in the current economy but I believe it can be done…
- Exhibit at 3 trade shows (Printsource NY and CHA in January and Surtex in May) to connect with clients and meet new ones. Keeping a positive attitude and continuing to connect will be key to thriving in 2009.
- Implementing what I’m learning in my Teleseminar Secrets class. I will do monthly “Ask Tara Reed” calls and plan to create some additional topic-based teleseminars as well. Stay tuned for details!
- Enjoy my son who is growing up so quickly… he will get his driver’s license in 2009 and start his sophmore year of high school… it won’t be long before my nest will be empty. I plan to enjoy him every chance I get!
- Stay focused, stay positive and enjoy the present. Worrying about the past does nothing to change it and worrying about the future steals the now… plan for the future and take full advantage of the here and now.
It will be interesting to see the 5 things I remember in 2009 as compared to the 5 things I just planned… wishing you the happiest of new years and much joy and success for 2009. What are you looking forward to?
~ Tara Reed