The 6th “Ask Tara Reed” call is complete… Hard to believe I’ve been doing these for that many months… time flies! I had to laugh when one of the people listening (you know who you are) emailed me this picture showing me how well he follows directions — love it! If you have read much of my blog, met me or listened to a call you know having fun is a non-negotiable with me. So this guy – I like!
Here is a list of topics covered on the May 27, 2009 call…
- How do I know that my work is suitable for licensing and who is a good fit for my work.
- Do you need a business license to license your artwork? (and discussion of legal forms of business)
- What’s the best way to learn what companies who are looking for artists to license (without going through an agent)
- Do you need to copyright your art FIRST before you start showing it to manufactures?
- What areas of Art Licensing do you feel are less saturated and easier for a newbie to get their foot in the door? (for a newbie) (WARNING: you may not like the answer! 🙂 )
- Should I have a dedicated website for licensing artwork?
- Do you know many artists who are licensing who do not have an agent and/or go to the shows or are the shows very important. I ask because of the expense.
- I am curious about a comparison of this years Surtex (2009) vs previous years. Did you notice a reduction in attendance? Did it help having Surtex on one floor? Any other comments?
- At a trade show, how do you handle a company that asks you to “send them everything” and has no business cards. It is a big company so I’m interested in working with them but nervous at the same time.
Audio replays of this and any other call you may have missed are available for a whole whopping $10! Trust me, it’s a deal when you look at the time, effort and info. involved — scoop them up before I come to my senses and raise the prices. 🙂
CLICK HERE to see all the audios available and topics discussed. Put them on your iPod. Listen while you clean, workout, walk, whatever. Stay inspired!
Here’s to your creative success!
P.S. The next call is on Wednesday, June 24th at 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST and Paul Brent will be answering questions. (This is an awesome opportunity – more about it another day.) Go to www.AskPaulBrent.com and let us know what is on your mind. We’ll get to about 12 questions in the hour…