We see fonts everywhere, but what do you really know about them? What type of fonts are best for books and which are better for websites? What types of fonts convey emotion, what were the monks using in the 13th century? When you buy a font, what are you allowed to do with it?
These questions and more were answered when I interviewed Joyce Lukaczer, the “Font Site Diva” from, you guessed it, www.FontSite.com, on my “Ask Tara Reed” call on April 15, 2009.
Artists asked their questions and I added a few as well and we received a great education about fonts and how to better understand and use them in our art, on our websites and more.
The 51 minute audio recording is available for a mere $10 — what a deal for all the information you get! Here is a list of what we covered:
• Explanation of the 8 main font classifications and general ideas of when to use them.
• Explanation of the different font formats: True Type, Post Script type 1 and Open Type
• What a “font family” is and why you would need one.
• What elements to look for when choosing a font to fit an image or design.
• How to determine if you can use a font as part of your art for licensing.
• Some basic information about www.FontSite.com – font sources, the fontographer, etc.
• What you can do with fonts purchased at www.FontSite.com
• How can we make our own fonts?
BUY THE AUDIO RECORDING for only $10
Although Joyce is involved in www.FontSite.com – where you can get exclusive fonts not available anywhere else – she was also kind enough to give us some other resources to look at. More details are on the audio but here are the links she mentioned:
Do keyword searches and see what fonts come up at:
Create your own fonts online at:
Font creation software (much more advanced):
More detailed information about font licensing can be found here
THANK YOU JOYCE!
So, if you’d like all the details, CLICK HERE to buy the audio.
Have a “fontastic” day! (Sorry, I couldn’t resist!)
P.S. Thru April 29, 2009 you can use the coupon code “ASKTARA” to receive 30% off any fonts purchased at www.FontSite.com. (They are already a great deal!) Thanks for that as well Joyce!
P.P.S. The next AskTaraReed.com call will be on Wednesday, May 27, 2009 at 5:30 pm PST / 8:30 pm EST. Click on over and send in your questions today. Listen live and the call is free!