This week I broke down and went back to the eye doctor. I started wearing glasses to read and for the computer again last year – after a 6 year hiatus. (Yeah eyes!) Recently, I found myself getting eye strain and headaches again… worse yet, having to stop working because my eyes hurt and not because I wanted to stop.
I came home with a new prescription and cute new glasses – I kiddingly tweeted that maybe I would see things differently, now that I have these new lenses. This lead me to wonder if I needed to do that figuratively as well as literally.
Would looking at my art business through different lenses make a difference?
It’s a good idea to do a regular check on how you do things and what you believe on a regular basis – do it every 3,000 miles while you wait for an oil change. Are your beliefs about the economy, your abilities, your business – giving you headaches and holding you back? Watch this 2 minute video and see what you think…
I know that lots of artists that read this blog earn money with their art in other ways as well. Here are a few blogs and resources for artists that I have found along the way, that aren’t licensing specific:
- Alyson Stanfield – The Art Biz Coach* – Author of “I’d Rather Be In the Studio”, workshop leader, blogger, etc. etc She’s been helping artists earn more from their art since 2002
- Aletta De Wal – Artist Career Training* – a working artist who helps artists make a better living making art.
- Ariane Goodwin – smARTist Telesummit Founder* -the only annual telesummit covering a multitude of topics for artists from experts in the industries. Live each January and home editions available as well.
- Lori McNee – an amazing fine artist who has an equally amazing blog with tips about fine art and marketing
- Daniel Tardent – Art Marketing Secrets* – a great site for art marketing of all kinds, SEO for Artists eBook* and more.
- Maria Brophy – art licensing and art business – great info on her blog! “Helping creative people to design the career and lifestyle of their dreams”
- Carolyn Edlund – author of the ArtsyShark.com blog – an amazing and inspirational resource for artists
- Barney Davey – art print market information
- Cory Huff – the abundant artist – Dispelling the starving artist myth
- Helen Aldous – an art blogger from the UK I just discovered on Twitter – check out her Artonomy Blog for lots of marketing tips
- Art Bistro – a great art resource and community by Monster.com
And another feel-good inspirational song to make you smile…
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed
FTC disclosure: links with an asterisk are affiliate links – if you click them and make a purchase, I will earn a referral fee for leading you to these great resources. Which helps me spend time on free resources here so I appreciate your clicks and support!