Another great call – if you joined us live – thanks! We had 62 artists on the line and even though you were muted – we could feel your good energy! 🙂
I loved talking with Kate and how she really shared from the heart and gave us great insights into how she runs her business. I found her insights on the changes she’s seen in the industry and retail since she began in licensing in 1998 to be very interesting and how she evolves her style and brand while still remaining true to herself and the “Kate McRostie” look…
Since this was Kate’s first time on the call, the replay is free. If you didn’t get the email with the link or have never listened to a call before (otherwise, well, you would have gotten the email) you can sign up below and get your free mp3 replay.
What we covered:
- How and when did you decide to involve your sisters in your business?
- What is the division of labor in your organization?
- How do you separate work and family time when you work with your family
- How / why did you decide to represent yourself vs going with an agent?
- Outside of your own licensing deals, do you ever do deals using an agent on a case-by-case basis.
- What has been the biggest challenge or challenges you have experienced in building your business?
- How do you deal with negative feedback?
- What advice do you have for artists who are just starting in art licensing?
- What method have you found to be most effective for marketing yourself?
- What is your take on the industry and retail in general?
- How large should your designs be when you create them on paper?
- How do you build your portfolio?
- What advice do you have for first time trade show exhibitors?
- And a few other things I threw in there….
[hana-code-insert name=’Kate McRostie – free replay’ /]
Our next call is next year – can you believe it? Ronnie Walter will be entertaining us with her witty anecdotes on Wednesday, January 22, 2014. PLEASE send us some questions – we need them! 🙂 Head to www.AskAboutArtLicensing.com whenever you are ready!