I have to say that after almost 6 years, none of the guests I have had on the Art Licensing Info Ask Calls has ever disappointed me! Agent Kimberly Montgomery of Montage Licensing was no exception – she gave thoughtful, practical and real-world advice to artists wanting to better understand the artist – agent relationship and how to go about finding an agent.
One thing that WAS different is it was the call with the most technical difficulties! Thank you to the 90+ artists who hung in there with us… I’ve edited most of the dead air out of the replay. 🙂
Here is what we covered on the call:
- What are the benefits to having an agent?
- What do you look for when reviewing a portfolio – do you look for a certain sized portfolio?
- Do you care how artists represent themselves on social media when deciding to represent an artist?
- When you review new artist portfolios, do you want to see mockups or just art?
- Why do agencies want artists to be exclusive?
- Are there good or bad times to contact an agent for possible representation?
- What is the typical compensation an agent takes when working with an artist and how/when does the artist get paid?
- I am a new artist to licensing and am seeking an agent. Are there things you think I should definitely DO or NOT do?
- What’s the best way to find an agent if you can’t make it to a conference or other venue?
- What genre, style or theme do you feel you can’t find enough of?
- Do you prefer your artists to fit into one category or could an artist span two different categories like children’s and gift/novelty?
Since this was Kimberly’s first call, the audio replay is available for free! If you had registered for this or any other call and not opted-out of the Ask Call email list, you will have the link to download it in your inbox. If you can’t find it or haven’t registered before, just give us your name and email and we will send it to you!
[hana-code-insert name=’Ask Kimberly – free replay’ /]
BONUS CALL! This Friday – July 18, 2014 – with Tiffany Peterson
I’ve decided to share my “secret weapon” with you – my success and sales coach from the past year, Tiffany Peterson.
This is a special call – we won’t be answering questions submitted about art licensing but Tara will be sharing her own business coach with you! Tiffany Peterson is an amazing speaker, coach, motivator and all around nice person. Tune in to learn more about beliefs, blocks, sales and marketing. The replay will be free if you can’t make it!
[hana-code-insert name=’Tiffany – sign up’ /]
Next Ask CALL: Friday, September 17, 2014
Our next Ask Call expert will be an amazing woman I met as a result of working with Tiffany Peterson. I’ve hired Michelle McCullough to give me a marketing review on my website (always good to have an extra set of eyes and outside feedback!) and learned a lot from a variety of her marketing, time management and social media programs. She has agreed to get on the line with us and answer your questions about time management and social media in September.
So when you know what you want to know, submit your question for the call at AskAboutArtLicensing.com