Yippee! Today is the end of the third quarter!
The end of a quarter makes me happy and here are 5 reasons why…
- It will trigger the accounting departments at my licensees to create reports and send me checks. (BIG checks please!) Getting paid is always a beautiful thing… of course the checks won’t start rolling in for 3 to 4 weeks but that’s ok, I know the proverbial switch will be flipped today or tomorrow.
- I have an easy way to remember when to change my furnace filters. (Silly I know but I’m told they should be changed quarterly, at minimum. How do people that get paid bi-weekly remember to do that?)
- It is also time to go buy new mascara. (If you are a girl.) Seems a little wasteful to me but after watching a documentary about the bacteria that can build up in there in 3 months… my next stop is the store.
- Time to flip or turn your mattress. If you get in a routine of moving your mattress regularly it will last longer, thereby saving you cash!
- Your oil change company is waiting for you. Every 3 months or 5,000 miles… I think. I must admit to not being quite as on top of this as some of the others… maybe I need to find a documentary about what old oil is doing to my car. Not really looking to buy a new car at the moment although nothing would give my 16 year old who just got his license more joy!
That’s it! A relatively silly blog post that might trigger you to take action on something other than art… 🙂
Here’s to your creative success!