I still remember – quite vividly! – just how nervous I was in December of 2008. Would anyone show up? Would I be talking to myself? Was this a good thing to do or a recipe for stress? I was jumping outside of my comfort level to be sure and you know what? It has paid off in spades! Look at all the information we’ve shared, experts in the industry we have been able to hear from – all because of this Ask Call process I learned by taking the Teleseminar Secrets Class. (It starts again in January so if you want to learn more about it, go to www.TaraRecommendsAlex.com for details.)
Here is what we covered on the call:
- Should my art licensing business be named as just my name?
- Can I have a book agent AND a licensing agent at the same time?
- Is there a general rule about color, across the industry? RGB or CMYK?
- I currently create art by hand, do you recommend I work digitally in the future?
- Someone has shown interest in my designs thru LinkedIn! Is the next step is to ask for a contract?
- How do you avoid getting ripped off, especially overseas?
- Making sure you stay in line with exclusive contracts that have non-compete clauses.
- Are there many fine artists in licensing or is it more pattern design?
- Should I exhibit at a show or market directly to manufacturers to get started?
- How do you show your work at a trade show?
- How important is moral support and where does one find it?
- Do you have tips for coding or creating systems for your images so you can find them when a licensee wants to discuss them?
The audio replay is $15 through December 26th and $30 thereafter so grab your copy today! These audios are a great way to listen and learn while you are creating in your studio, driving in your car, walking your dog, whatever!
Things to Note….
NEW experts – January 19, 2011!
I’m so excited to let you know we will have the dynamic duo in January – surf lifestyle artist Drew Brophy and his marketing maven wife Maria will be our newest Ask Call guests. Talk about an artist taking a niche and running with it! Head to www.AskDrewBrophy.com to learn more about Drew’s art and submit your questions at any time.
NEW expert – February 16, 2011 – DEBBIE MUMM!
I just got the thumbs up yesterday so there is no website ready yet but stay tuned for this art licensing icon to share her wisdom with the group. 🙂 To learn more about her now, visit her website at www.DebbieMumm.com
Ask Call Bundle Deal from Paul Brent | on sale thru 12/30
Paul has done 5 calls – the first audio is always free and the other 4 are for purchase. Normally, this would cost $100 if purchased individually.
But what if we made it super easy to get it all – and at a discount?
We’ve decided to offer, for a limited time, what I’m calling the Paul Brent Five-Pack. All five audios (FIVE HOURS of great info!) delivered to you for $75 – that’s a $25 (or 25%) savings! Get all the details and place your order here: http://www.artlicensinginfo.com/2010/12/05/ask-paul-brent-replay-bundle/
The WishList WordPress plugin I use for my online portfolio is on sale – 2 for 1 single user licenses. FAB! But only through Sunday 12/19… http://ht.ly/3pIxY (affil link)