What a great call to start off 2014! Ronnie Walter never fails to make me laugh… and not only did she keep up her record on that end, she also shared a lot of great advice and insights about the business of art licensing. Were you one of the 70+ artists on the line listening live?
If you listen to the free audio replay, you will rethink your aspirations of being a Diva, you will get some great advice about connecting with new clients and if you are like me – you will be finding a cute basket to hold all of your creative ideas in one place! (WHY didn’t I think of that before?? Genius!) Those are just a few highlights – trust me, it’s worth a listen. 🙂
Here is what we covered on the call:
- Is art licensing more of an “on the side” stream of income?
- How do you divide your time, percentage wise, between creating, marketing, and updating the website and social media?
- What do you see as the biggest mistakes artists are making when trying to get into art licensing?
- Are you and Jim seeing more flat fee licensing deals? What are your thoughts on Flat fee licensing?
- When you submit your work simultaneously to different clients, how do you make a deal if more than one is interested a few weeks apart?
- Can you give us a sample on how you do your “cold calling”?
- What do you find to be the most flexible and in-flexible parts you can negotiate in a contract?
- For artists just starting out and have no impressive list of clients/projects, what suggestions do you have for them so that they are not looked over/ignored by agents?
- Ronnie’s Five Things to Forget About in Art Licensing
Since this was Ronnie’s first call, you can get the hour-long audio replay for free! If you have signed up for a call before, check your inbox for the link to download the audio. If you have never signed up for a call, opted out or simply can’t find the email, you can get a copy by signing up below.
[hana-code-insert name=’Ask Ronnie Walter – free replay’ /]
A few links you might be interested in that we mentioned on the call:
Buy Ronnie’s Book, License to Draw, on Amazon [affiliate link]
Learn more about the eBook, How to Understand Art Licensing Contracts, by Tara Reed & Maria Brophy
So… grab your copy and listen while you create your own amazing art!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed
Attorney Kyle-Beth Hilfer will be joining us again in March to discuss all your legal questions. Head to www.AskAboutArtLicensing.com to submit yours whenever you are ready!