IF YOU WERE NOT ABLE TO ATTEND SURTEX 2016, OR JUST WANT THE LATEST IN TRENDS IN ART LICENSING, PURCHASE MELISSA’S RECAP NOW!
For the past six years, Tara Reed and Paul Brent have brought you a summary and review of each of the past SURTEX shows, including trends and industry updates. This year, they have passed the torch, so we are blessed with the 2016 Report being given my our own Melissa Schulz! Having spent multiple years as a leader in the world of consumer products, and over 20 years in the licensing industry, Melissa is a devoted follower of the latest and greatest in our industry; making her the ideal person to offer this year’s observations!
In the call, Melissa covered:
- Typography Takeover! – the key role typography is taking as an art piece in and of itself.
- Color Coordination! – both from observation and a review of the exciting color and design presentation by Pantone Color Institute’s Leatrice Eisman.
- Iconography Observations! – what was showing up at both SURTEX and the National Stationery Show, and what wasn’t!
- Process Performance! – was letterpress still the hot trend for 2016, and what was starting to emerge.
Also covered were some general licensing questions raised by the attendees . . .
- Do Advances still exist?
- Is there a trend towards a decrease in royalty rates?
- Has audit language changed to being almost non-existent, to outrageously high (above 10% variance)?
- Do Manufacturers still offer samples with a license Agreement?
- How do you manage a Licensee who wants exclusive rights to your images, and wants to hold them off the market for 4 – 6 months waiting for retailer feedback?
ALL OF THIS INFORMATION AND MORE . . . FOR ONLY $30!
CLICK HERE to receive your download today!
Create art. Create a strategy. Create income.
Melissa and John