Tick-tock! Tick-tock! Wednesday, June 11, 2014 – is the last day to get the information-packed, hour long audio replay from the Ask Paul Brent and SURTEX trend review call for only $20. Wait till the 12th and you will pay a whopping $30. (Still a steal of course!)
Here is what we covered on the call…
Paul started out with a review of his trend predictions from 2013 and a ‘score sheet’ as it were of how he did with his predictions. He then added some new thoughts from the show about where trends are and what he thinks might be on the rise.
SURTEX related questions Paul answered:
- What surprised you… and did you find most refreshing?
- Is Surtex for veteran licensed artists? At what point should a newby consider attending?Seeing posts from Surtex forums and sites, I see that the majority of artists have a very graphic, digital look. Do you think this trend will continue? Do you see a drop or renewed interest in traditional art in the future?
- Did you see anything new that was working as far a booth design at Surtex?
- As a new artist exhibiting at Surtex I was located near the back of the room. Do you have any advice for attracting attention and getting noticed in a “Beginner Location”?
- How has technology changed your approach at tradeshows?
General Art Licensing Questions:
- With so many artists and so many styles in Art Licensing today where is ther opportunity for a new emerging artist to compete and succeed in art licensing?
- Can you describe your favorite licensee relationships and why you enjoy working with these folks?
- As a traditional type artist, do you make your paintings in layers on the computer or do you not make any changes in your artwork for clients?
- I’ve been successful licensing designs for paper products, but the world beyond paper seems so overwhelming – any advice?
- What are the three biggest challenges facing a new artist in licensing and how can they be overcome?
- How does an artist who is licensing with new or small companies transform over to larger companies such the big retail stores: Macy’s, Target, Nordstroms’, Walmart etc/
- Do you think producing images that are currently popular, like owls, is best or should I be focusing on creating artwork of subjects that I think are clever but no one else is painting?
Agent Kimberly Montgomery of Montage Licensing will be joining me. When you have your question ready for her, feel free to submit it at any time! http://AskAboutArtLicensing.com