This year’s theme was “What’s Hot and What’s Not!”
In addition to trends, here is what we covered on the call:
- What are your top 3 tips for a newbie to prepare for Surtex 2016?
- How many collections do I need in my portfolio to make the best use of my time when I rent a booth at Surtex?
- In the current economy, what is the one thing you think is most important for success in this field?
- How many pieces of art should a typical collection contain?
- What is your take on mixing both traditional and digital work in a portfolio.
- How do you handle it when several companies express interest in the same design for the same products?
- Do you think selling through Print-On-Demand sites, Etsy or other online sales will impact a manufacturers decision to license an artist’s work?
- Can you please give some suggestions and information about how and where to find a good, qualified Layout Artist and what a typical pay range would be?
The audio replay is available for only $20 through June 10, 2015 and then the price goes to $30.
This is a bargain for the expertise and experience you gain – and it helps me give Paul some garage sale money for his time and effort.
NEXT UP… Josephine Kimberling!
A successful surface pattern designer, Josephine will be a new guest on the Art Licensing Info Ask Call series on July 15, 2015. Go to AskAboutArtLicensing.com to submit your question and get signed up for the call details!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed