As I wake up each morning, in that space between sleep and my feet hitting the floor, I have made it a habit to think of the many things I have to be grateful for in my life. It really helps keep things in perspective, I highly recommend it!
Here is my list for today, as they come to me while I type:
- my fabulous son – how lucky am I that he’s mine!
- my ‘boyfriend’ Craig – again, I’m SO very lucky!
- a wonderful support system of positive-minded people — friends, family, neighbors and more
- YOU! The artists reading my blog, chatting with me on Twitter, allowing me to share the ‘stuff’ in my head and heart.
- my clients — who allow me to share my art with the world in new and fun ways each day
- my teachers who have and continue to teach me new skills, expand my mind and challenge me to try new and sometimes scary things. It has always been worth it!
- my trainer, who has pushed me to really commit to getting in shape & having a more healthy lifestyle.
- my creativity and passion – I am thankful every day that I know what makes me feel alive and that I have the opportunity to do it each and every day!
- technology — I marvel at how my life has changed in 10 years with advances in technology — especially opportunities to create and connect online
- Portland — I LOVE where I live! It is so green and beautiful. Even if it is a bit “damp” for many, I chose this as my home and can’t think of anywhere I’d rather be.
- My home, my studio, my Honda – the material “stuff” that gives me shelter, takes me places, brings me comfort and just plain makes me smile!
OK… going to stop before I make myself cry from all the things I have to be thankful for. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, share it with those you love, celebrate the way you choose and most importantly, take a few minutes to reflect on all that you have to be thankful for.
P.S. Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart, for reading and interacting with me about all things. I am looking forward to more exciting adventures together in the coming months… are you ready?