If you have a book or other product on Amazon.com, did you know you can not only do a written review, but post a video? I decided to do a “get to know the artist behind the calendar” video and posted it to my 2011 calendar – Green Inspirations. I kept it short and sweet and have no idea if it will be effective. But for the time it took – 14 takes and about 45 minutes start to finish – I decided it was a good use of my time.
People like to buy from people they know and like.
How can anyone get to know you, if they don’t already, on Amazon.com? With video reviews, they can.
Here are the rules and requirements for any video review – of your product or someone elses – from Amazon.com. (Not having read the rules before creating the review, I had to go back and take off my website url.)
General Review Creation Guidelines
Amazon wants your opinions to be heard!
We recommend your reviews be between 75 and 300 words long, but there is a 5,000 word maximum for written reviews. For video reviews, the maximum length is 10 minutes, and we recommend that you write a brief introduction – about 75 words or so.
Who can create customer reviews?
Customers! Anyone who has purchased items from Amazon and is in good standing in the Amazon community can create reviews.
What to include:
- Your review should focus on specific features of the product and your experience with it.
- The best reviews include not only whether you liked or disliked a product, but also why. Feel free to talk about other related products and how this item rates in comparison.
What not to include:
Amazon is pleased to provide this forum for you to air your opinions on the products we feature. While we appreciate your time and comments, we request that you refrain from including any of the following in your review:
- Spoilers! Please don’t reveal crucial plot elements.
- Other people’s material. Your thoughts and opinions are what matters.
- Time-sensitive material (i.e., promotional tours, seminars, lectures, etc.).
- Commenting on other reviews visible on the page. Other reviews and their position on the page are subject to change without notice.
- Profanity or spiteful remarks.
- Obscene or distasteful content.
- Single-word reviews. We want to know why you liked or disliked the item.
- Phone numbers, mail addresses, URLs.
- Advertisements, watermarks on videos, or promotional material.
- Availability, price, or alternative ordering/shipping information.
- Solicitations for helpful votes.
A review is not an appropriate place to tell us our catalog has typos in it. If you’d like to tell us about a specific problem, please contact-us.
Any review in violation of these guidelines will not be posted.
Here are the requirements for the video itself:
- Maximum file size: 100MB.
- Maximum length: 10 mins
- Accepted formats: avi, flv, mov, mpg, wmv
And in case you want to see my little snippet…
[hana-code-insert name=’Green Inspir Calendar’ /]