We had another great call last night – this time with new expert Jeff Grinspan. He’s been on the manufacturing side of licensing, is now a consultant for artists and manufacturers (find him at www.Artmoid.com) and many of you may know him as the friendly moderator of classes at SURTEX. An artist on Facebook said it was “the best call ever” – see if you agree.
If you missed the call – you are in luck because this replay is available for free!
Here is what we covered:
- What is the biggest amateur mistake that you see artists make in licensing?
- What is one basic thing a newbie needs to do or know to get started with art licensing to simplify the process?
- What are five traits that make some artists seem to have greater potential for success?
- What is the most important thing for an artist just entering art licensing to keep in mind?
- What are the most critical mistakes an artist can make when submitting to and working with a manufacturer?
- How do I figure out who manufactures table-top and bedding products for Target?
- Due to the state of the current economy, do you find that manufacturers are simply looking for the already ”tried & true, or do they want to see something entirely different? Will they risk starting a new trend?
- Once the initial contact is made with a manufacturer after a trade show and there are no burning projects on the horizon with a desired licensing partner, what do you recommend for communication strategies to stay in touch.
- There have been many changes in the industry including an increase in turnover of art directors. Can you suggest a method of maintaining a relationship with a company when an art director leaves?
- What is the difference between an art licensing consultant and an art licensing coach?
So even if you were on the line, fill out the information below to get your free replay! (This is if you have never signed up for a call and didn’t get the email with the direct link of course.)
[hana-code-insert name=’Ask Jeff Audio replay’ /]
I hope you enjoyed the call as much as I did – and thank you again Jeff for sharing your wisdom with the group!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed
P.S. The next call is Wednesday, November 16, 2011: Paul Brent AND his wife and business partner Lana Jane
This will be a special call because not only will we have Paul Brent, but his wife and busines partner. We want to talk about the business side of licensing – how to move from doing everything yourself to working with a spouse, sibling or staff. So when you have your question in mind, head to www.AskPaulBrent.com