We had over 100 artists on the line last night listening to Jill’s great experience and advice about art licensing… (the only advice I recommend you DON’T take is to turn down an afternoon invite to the movies with me! 😉 ) We have fun and learned a lot!
Here are the basics of what we discussed:
- We talked about Jill’s newly release book – Stark Raving Motherhood*
- Which do you consider your first calling–artist or writer?
- What has been the most pivotal event in your career? Was it one big event, or a build up to solid work, and then a continuation from there?
- How do you organize your day and still stay inspired?
- How much artwork did you have before you began to contact licensees?
- How do you structure access to your portfolio online?
- When should you reveal in your web presence (website/blog/social media) that you are interested in licensing?
- Should I always register copyrights before showing art to manufacturers?
- Talk about the evolution of Nun for the Road™
- Do you create collections for characters like you do for themed art?
- What would you do when creating a new character line?
- What do you recommend for finding an agent?
If you’d like the mp3 replay of the call, it is available for $20 thru 4/30 and then goes to the regular price of $30 so get your copy today! (We appreciate your purchasing the audios that are for sale – it helps offset the cost of creating these calls and Jill will receive a % of the sales as a “thank you for your time!”)
As promised, here are the many places you can find and friend Jill Seale…
CHECK OUT HER BOOK – Stark Raving Motherhood – ON AMAZON* – let’s see if we can get it to a third printing!
Here’s to your creative success!
– Tara Reed
NEXT UP… Paul Brent
The May Ask Call will be on Wednesday, May 25th – the week after the SURTEX show. Paul will not only be answering questions submitted by artists like you but also doing a show review so mark your calendar to join us! Submit your question for Paul at www.AskPaulBrent.com