I’ve been working too hard and wanted to post something just for fun! Hope it makes you smile knowingly!
Here are 7 Ways to Know You Are Interested in Art Licensing…
- You know “Art Licensing” has nothing to do with cars or license plates.
- You look at the BACK of products with art on them as much as the front. Then you jot down the manufacturer or website so you can contact them later.
- One of your big goals in life is to have your own art on your checks.
- You create art in collections – never just one, lone piece. (It’s too hard to license one, lone piece!)
- You look at a wall of towels in a department store to stay in touch with home décor color trends.
- When you watch tv, your significant other looks at you quizzically when you shout out, “Oh, those are Debbie Mumm™ dishes!” (True story! I saw her Christmas dishes on a Lifetime Movie and was a little green with envy. — First a stuffed animal on Friends, now dishes on Lifetime — that’s an artist with a successful licensing program! 🙂 )
- Instead of rock bands and movie star posters of your college days, today you have a “TO BE AS COOL AS” artist list that has the artists who have “made it in licensing” and inspire you on it!
OK… that’s my 7 off the top of my head. Anyone else care to play? Add your thoughts as a comment…
P.S. Artist BJ Lantz replied to this post by email so she could include a picture with her comment… she gave me permission to add it here…
8. Every wall in your studio looks like this:
To see BJ’s beautiful work, go to: BJLantz.com